Thursday, February 3, 2011

we, you, i.

we rode together, underneath the bridge.
blue lights of the bus, reflecting off your face.
as if you were choking, gasping for air.
the longer we traveled, the shorter it felt.
we were nearing something, in my mind i
was pushing it away, closing my eyes.

on the porch i glanced at your mouth, sneering.
you pushed me inside and pulled me into you.
i grasped the edge of your bed, strangling.
tricked with the promise of friendship, platonic.
you came closer, your breath fanning my face.
i turned to leave, but your arms were a trap.

you were too heavy, dead weight on my body.
soon, my limbs froze, i shuddered beneath you.
i was your play thing that you used, forgot.
never stopping to ask how it would change me.
i was something clean you could soil, break.
bodies touching, my mind, running away.

we would pass in the halls without words to say.
you with your friends, acting the same as always.
i stayed alone, not wanting to look up.
we had been something more before that one night.
you used to be what kept me calm, grounded.
i now know the difference between dark, light.

No comments: