Saturday, February 26, 2011

my thoughts & me.

tonight when i was walking through
the forest in the dark
it was just my thoughts and me.
and it's not something new,
because usually it's just us,
and it's always
quieter than i can handle.

it was cold out today and even more tonight,
especially when i was thinking
about how much warmer
i felt before.
but i'm always going back
and forth.

and maybe it's my fault that it's like this
because i know i'm always
running away,
but never running to.
it's just a long distance
that i travel alone.

one more night goes by,
and one more day,
when the sun rises.
and everything seems a little
hazy now.
maybe i just need to put things
into focus.

or maybe i will just
circle in regret
for every decision that i make,
and every moment that
i relive.
it's not really the way i want
to live my life.

but until i reach a point
when i can handle pain
i will just be here
in this forest
taking pictures
so that i can have something
to hold on to,
when it's just my thoughts
and me.

No comments: