Thursday, December 9, 2010

grace

telling
the spinning
seeing
hearing

listen
the vibrant
vague
colours

she reaches
strives
misses

its not what you know
its who you know
& how you know them

nothing is permanent.
nothing is exact
nothing is worthy
nothing can be taken back

i saw a small ocean
a heart
the calm

i saw a mother
i saw a mom

i saw her care
i saw a difference
i saw her grow
i saw her presence

i saw a life
i saw a plan
i saw a man
with a gun in his hand

it's night now
it's morning
it's different
it's pouring

a scratch
a hiss
i'm sure it sounds boring

i'm not
what you want
who you are
who you love

i'm not
the light
the shadow
above

i'm just a girl
just a person
just a piece

of the life that you've hoped for
the life that you've seen.

tomorrow is now
but it feels like it's passed.
i dont care if you stay
i dont care if it lasts.

i want to be far
away from your place
i want to be strong
without your grace.

my mother, my brother, my sister, my friend.
i'm not who you thought i was,
please don't pretend.

i want to be alone now,
happy with me.
i want to be alone now,
please set me free.

No comments: